Friday, January 11, 2013

Losing Sleep

There's nothing like losing sleep to look after your child - it's a special kind of love.  Just the other week I thought to myself, 'This is the best type of sleep deprivation'.  It's like a rite of passage for new parents.  It really doesn't last for very long. I don't mind losing sleep for the good of the cause (you know, making sure the baby's not starving), but there are disadvantages to being awake at 4am.  The one that tops the list for me: My husband's snoring.  I have such a visceral reaction to it that I've taken to complaining on twitter just so I don't smother him with a pillow.  He is the best husband and Dad, just not when I'm awake at 4am...and he's not.



If you're up at 4am EST, think of me. 

1 comment:

  1. I was up at 4 am Retweeting you! hahaha I feel your pain and joy mama :)

    -Victoriabhbh

    ReplyDelete