I've been tagged in a couple of blog memes so before I'm told I'm a complete blog snob, I figured I'd give a nod to some of my dearest friends and family and answer the questions. I'm quite an open book so this first meme will be rather difficult. Apparently I'm supposed to share seven things about myself. I'm guessing they have to be interesting and not things you already know. I'm fairly certain you already know my name and what I look like (um, hello, pictures all over the blog?). You may not know about my penchant for spotting spelling mistakes on any document that whizzes in front of my face for a millisecond, but that's just old news to people who spend any time with me. Anyway, I'm procrastinating.
1. I know a little bit about every sport. I love to watch sports in general. I think it's because I have no sense of balance myself and no athletic ability at all, so I cheer on my favourite teams instead. I've noticed that I can connect with all types of people with my rudimentary knowledge about sports. Sometimes I know random facts about sports and wonder why that's taking up space in my head. It's irritating yet awesome at the same time!
2. I'm really nosey. Call it curious, interested, inquisitive, whatever you want. I am genuinely interested in many different things, but mostly in your life. I love to learn how people are managing, coping, thriving, living... I like to know what makes people who they are.
3. I think my true calling is helping people to see themselves. I find myself drawn to helping people see their strengths and how to harness them. I love to help people feel comfortable and happy with who they are. Hate towards other people and towards ourselves takes too much energy away from living life.
4. I don't really drink alcohol. I don't really like it or how I feel and act with it. I get a lot of lip and pressure from people when I don't drink. It irritates me that people think this is up for discussion and not my choice. I have my reasons. If you want to drink, drink. Don't think you'll ever make me feel like I'm letting myself down by not drinking alcohol. How ridiculous is that?
5. I woke myself up last night laughing. Seriously. In my dream, there were people popping up - out of a hat or something - and it was making me laugh. I snorted whilst laughing in my dream which actually woke me up. I think I was probably snoring really loudly! Anyway, I woke up and couldn't stop laughing. It was really strange.
6. The other night, I had a dream that I was on a plane that suddenly started plunging at a 90 degree angle into the sea. At first I thought we were crashing, then I realised we were actually going underwater. We ended up going to the bottom of the sea where there was this entire undersea world. We got there and it was like that new show, Terra Nova. You could go to this new land but you couldn't go back. There was a girl on a cell phone and they told her she couldn't talk on it because there was no contact allowed with the 'other' world. Yeah, I have no idea where this dream came from either.
7. I have really vivid dreams. Some of you have heard my Chili (our beagle) and roast chicken dream. I'll tell you about it if you haven't!
Ummm I guess at this point I'm supposed to tag some peeps to participate. How about I send this out to the blogosphere and just see who wants to respond?!